Friday, February 3, 2012

That kinda day....

So first post ever! Who-hoo......

Alright enough of that. So, today I have had one of THOSE days at work. My interest in living simply has stemmed from the desire to have my husband and I work much less.

We are healthy, relativity young, and childless (at the moment) so we both work ALL the time.  The last 5 years of life have flown by. I only make it to visit with my family for maybe a few hours every 2 or 3 weeks, and we only visit his family for holidays or when they stop by.  It seems like there is always more work to be done and people telling me new ways I "must" spend my money. Which, as we all know then leads to either working more, or bill collectors calling. I knew there had to be a way out of this. I want more time to enjoy life and have fun with the people I love.

So first came couponing. I saw that extreme show, like so many others in America, and said "Gee! I can do that! I'll save so much money!" And I have. Not to the extreme, but in moderation. I have cut down on my grocery budget some. However once I started researching this, all of the sudden I found simple living blogs! Let me tell you, I have learned more about economics then I ever learned in school (highschool or the 2 years of college I just paid off).

Now I have this grand picture of Handsome Hubby and I living out in the country, with several (or several hundred, depending on the day dream) acres and an old house living off our land. In this dream I buy very little, sell a little of what we produce, and live richly and happily with the animals and our future family. *Ahh.... *
Beautiful!


My pear trees on a weirdly warm winter day

Now back to reality. We live on a side of town I do not much care for, have a small house and a large yard.  I am a beginner gardener (who knew cucumbers would spread and kill my other plants via strangulation? I don't even really like cucumbers...) and a beginner knitter and sewer (I have knitted 3 scarfs! Oh yeah..). I work in a profession I do not much care for (sometimes people are mean) and am striving to get to that lovely place in my head.

My goal: Pay off ALL debt
              Save money to buy the dream place
              Find the dream place (luckily that's what I do!)
              Live there debt free with a modest income coming from the sale of our produce and the goods I                               make

That's not too much to hope for, is it?






2 comments:

  1. I love this post!! I hope you reach ALL of your goals quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish you luck in your quest for an easier life, my family and I started down the road of living a more simple life, growing our own veg and such like and we love it, it's not always plain sailing but it wouldn't be as much fun if it was.

    ReplyDelete

Got a comment? I'd love to hear it!