Friday, February 10, 2012

Organization (ugg)

Ok, I'll admit it. I have not been working much today. Not work working anyways. I have returned a few emails and made a few calls, but nothing outside my home office (and still in sweats).

However I DID have to tackle something I have been putting off for too long. Organizing my computer room. In my small house (its only a 2 bed 1 bath until we can do the addition) we have the kitchen, bedroom, living room, laundry, mudroom, and the everything-else-room. Depending on what I needed to store in there it has different names. When we had our pet boa constrictor Sampson and the turtles (Raphael, Donatello, and Matt)  All the cages were in there and so it mostly held the name "the animals room". When they were gone, one put down (Poor Sampson!) and the turtles released into a turtle habitat it was needed to become my home office.

Then HH found a great deal on some way-to-big for our house workout equipment. Since it was practically free, and helped me talk him into canceling our seldom used gym membership, into the room it went.

Then I was temporarily using another office outside the home... Slowly all my active projects trickled into the other office. While my home office became a pile. Yup. Just a pile.

I piled up my sewing projects I didn't have time to get to, the fabric and yarn. The crafting materials got tossed in, along with miscellaneous documents that I would file "later".  Eventually my newspapers were into the pile too (I am saving them for my "no till" garden, I can't wait to try that technique!).  I know I have a weakness for putting things in a almost neat pile, and telling myself I will get to it later. And later..... And later.......


Well, here it is into tax season and everything I need is mixed into or on the bottom of The Pile. Eek!


I bit the bullet and started into  The Pile this morning. I am making a small dent... Actually I have accomplished a lot which just made me realize how bad it really had become.  My month and a half late new years resolution is to be more organized! I am going to start researching organization on a budget. Hopefully I can come up with some good ideas. (Notice there are no pictures? Not a chance I'll show THAT mess to the world)

If you have any cute/cheap/useful organization ideas I would love to hear them!!!!

Anyways, enough procrastinating. Back to The Pile (albeit smaller pile) I go!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Got a comment? I'd love to hear it!