Saturday, February 18, 2012

Anti-wrinkle/blemish face stuff

So if I believe the things I have read about tamanu oil and tea tree oil I may have just made the best facial product in the world! (Insert mad scientist laugh....)

I actually believe many of the claims (mostly from my own sister in law and her personal experience).

Tea tree oil is known for having antibacterial and anti fungal properties. Which is just one of the reasons to keep some in the cupboard. I also use it in some of the natural cleaners I make too.

Tamanu oil is good for acne and wrinkles. My sister in law is living proof on the last one! At 40 she has fantastic skin, that I have seen improve a lot since she discovered tamanu oil.

I already have heard many testimonies on the benefits of coconut oil. Especially for those prone to eczema or psoriasis.



So I though, Hey, lets mix them together! And I did. I am going to use it as a nightly face cream and report the results. From the research I have done, I am hoping to have soft, smooth skin with less fine lines and no more spots then my aggravating 25 year old skin has usually (I though zits were supposed to go away the older I got? Not cool).


Melt the coconut oil, mix in tea tree and tamanu oils. Pour into container and voila!


To anyone weird-ed out by putting oils ON your face, research the "Oil Cleanse method" and you will probably change your mind. I have tried that method and it seemed to work as well as my expensive, chemical filled face wash!

It gets creamy as it sets up 
***Update*** A  few days in and I am LOVING it. My skin looks clear, fresh and firm in the morning!

By the way... My beer should be wrapping ups its first fermentation! I need to find some bottles I can use for the secondary fermentation :-)

Look who decided she wanted to blog too. And why yes... I am still in pj's

No comments:

Post a Comment

Got a comment? I'd love to hear it!