Wednesday, May 23, 2012

What I'm making

Garden fresh southern dinner of pinto beans, squash and zucchini, fresh picked tomatoes and cucumbers, mushrooms and onions. If we were not on a diet a batch of biscuits would be cooking too.... Oh well.....

I am also making healthy home made nutra grain bars. All the recipes I found had a cup of butter, and sugar! Ugh, so I modified

1/4 cup butter
1/4 cup sugar
1/2 cup of pear sauce from my pear trees ( you could use apple)
1 1/2 cup flour
1 1/2 cup oats
1 tsp vanilla

Jam of your choice, I used strawberry jam my mother in law made.

Mix everything but the jam, the dough will be pretty sticky. Add more pear sauce if needed.

Spread half the mix into the bottom of a greased pan, I used a finger spoon combo to get it spread.
Top with jam, then top with the rest of the mix. If this doesn't spread perfect, that's ok.

It will still taste good :-)

Bake at 350 for 20 ish mins! Allow to cool before cutting.

**update**
Darn it! I just thought that I should have added my flax seed meal, that would have been an excellent nutrition addition....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Got a comment? I'd love to hear it!