Friday, May 11, 2012

I like the smell of old wood and clean clothes

You know that smell an old house has? Its not a bad smell, it just lets you know that the wood supporting the walls around has been around for more then 50 years.

My house has that smell.



It is not present all the time.Usually I have chased it off with the smells of cooking or baking, and cleaning.

 Just every now and then I will get a whiff of it. Like this morning mixed with the smell of my clean laundry.  That had to be one of the homiest smells ever.



I like being at home. I know that if I let myself I would become a reclusive hermit. Its in my blood. I have an uncle that moved into the desert for that reason.

I do not plan on letting that happen, but still. I could do it. I do enjoy being around my family and close friends. But I am the happiest at home, with my husband.  If I could just work it out that everyone came over to my house (While still leaving at the perfect time) and I never had to go to the grocery store again, that would be perfect :)


Scary what you find under 40 year old vinyl siding. 

Haha.... I know that's not happening. And really I am sure I do not want it too. Even though it sounds great right now.

I have to make conscious choices to get myself out there. To go see people, and talk to them.  My willingness and ability to do this changes day to day.

HH tore off a piece of rotten wood. Birds took advantage of it to make a nest in my house. 


I always wished to be a charmer who can put all around at ease with a few smart words, and entertain people easily. Some days I am closer then others. And still some days I feel I can not pry my mouth open with a crowbar.

Good thing I married a charmer. I can stand back and let him go at a crowd and he has the whole place laughing in minutes.


Bet you don't see old vents like this very often.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Got a comment? I'd love to hear it!