Saturday, May 5, 2012

Today I


Today HH had to work his long day south of town. This is regular, about every other week or so during the grass cutting season. He gets up early and comes home late. Oh well...

I had my nieces and bro-in-laws birthdays to celebrate this evening.( Happy Birthday Lily and Josh!!!)

So this morning I made a sign. Using junk I had around the house.

Then I turned it into a key holder. I prefer things that actually serve a purpose.


I used a straw and a paper plate to mix the acrylic paints. And some rags as paint brushes. Making do with what I have and It works pretty well :)



I thought it looked pretty all mixed up





The bird is a bit girly-er then I normally am, but hey, its spring and I am feeling a bit girly :) 

I can be girly sometimes.


Speaking of girly, I also made earrings. These are the only cool shells we found that were not currently occupied by the creature that created them our whole vacation.

It was a matching set and I could not resist. Let me tell you, it was a PAIN getting a hole in them. They are small and delicate. I finally got a hole in both shells, and broke one putting the chain in it. Luckily I have modge podge glue, and was able to put it back together :)


Aside from the 2$ I spent on a pack of 40 earring posts, these were free!

The stripes are pretty cool, right?

Happy weekends to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Got a comment? I'd love to hear it!