Saturday, March 3, 2012

Whew.... finally!



I have been having a little trouble with my vintage sewing machine. I wanted to make a summer shirt, and it would not release the thread correctly. NO clue how to fix it i searched high and low, asked everyone I know that sews. The only answer I got was "buy a new one".  I don't want to buy a new one. I like my old one.

So there.



So I switched back the the last thread I used and changed bobbins and some how it started working again. Apparently everything I sew has to be done with yellow thread. Nothing else will work. For now anyway ;)





Far from perfect? Heck yeah.....

But since it is only the 2nd thing I have sewn since I was a kid and made pillows (imperfect squares are not that difficult) I think its not too shabby! My HH did give me a huge compliment when I showed it to him. He said " When you're hungry, you make bread, when you want to drink, you make beer, when you're dirty you make soap,when you need clothes you build a shirt." I think thats pretty cool. I would like to stay that way :)



Please forgive the pasty white arms and spotty mirror. I need to clean that, apparently. But I like the cats ears in the corner, so there it is!


1 comment:

  1. Congrats on your shirt!! I think it looks nice. I also have trouble with my machine. I have no clue how to make it work right, so I just keep trying thread until I find one that works. Can't wait to see your next project!

    ReplyDelete

Got a comment? I'd love to hear it!