Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Smell of summer

I realized my new summer smell is the scent of boiling water.

Yes, I realize that doesn't really have a scent but when you throw freshly wash and prepped fruit, and a clean tea towel in on top it does.

That scent when I am canning.

I am glad it is no longer the fake lime and coconut scent of my younger, tanner days.

This fresh water scent seems homier, more friendly.

Oh, by the way, I shot at my first animal today ( speaking of friendly.... Eh...)

We have rabbits that have been terrorizing our garden and multiplying for years.

My HH decided he wants to hunt for meat this year. Since one of the reasons I love him is in-ability to kill things, I told him he had to kill, clean, and eat the rabbits. If he could accomplish that we would talk.

It might sound harsh, but I have never had a problem with people killing to eat. As long as there is no overt cruelty involved its just a part of life.


However, my husband is not quite as good of a shot as I happen to be.... So.....


I missed, but it's a new to me gun, so I just need practice :-)

Anyway, I'll let you know how that goes.

By the way, my new job is sitting in front of a computer, all day every day. .

I can't wait to have my land and self sufficient farm.

Can't wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Got a comment? I'd love to hear it!