Friday, April 6, 2012

Good Friday, Friday!

I hope you are all having a blessed good Friday.

Does it seem 2 weeks early to anyone else?

I was feeling a bit ill this morning (I believe all the ladies can empathize) so I did not go to work.

I did sit down to get some computer work done, Ok, so I  was reading some of the lovely blogs I read, but whatever...

And my internet conked out! Being in the lovely, patient mood I was in I made a face at it and went to do other things.

I made my Easter dress:)

I was not sure how it would turn out, since I did not use a pattern. Most of the time when I do not use a pattern, my half finished half thought out project ends up lurking in a corner taunting me for ever. Luckily I was on a deadline for this one so I finished it.

Whatcha think?


I don't think I will win any prizes, but its definitely a wear out in public creation! And the fabric came from a thrifted sheet, so I believe I spent whopping 1$ on the whole project. With plenty fabric to spare. Now if only I could make new shoes.......

I have 3 family members who are all expecting. My uterus is jealous. Or maybe that is me. Who knows. 

Either way I am hoping to hear some good news one day soon. Maybe this vacation (in 13 days, who-hoo) will end up being what my friend Jaye calls a baby-makin-cation. hehe.

Before I can manage another sewing project I will have to take my sewing machine apart and give it a good tune-up. It sure is not working great (No, I do  not want to buy a new one. I like my old one. It's older then me)

But, alas, my cousin-in-law (one of the pregos) is making the trip from Colorado to visit over here, so some major cleaning will be taking place soon. I also took on the responsibility of baking my newly vegan Daddy a  vegan desert (banana cream pie) and a vegan side dish. The side dish should not be trouble, I am used to adapting recipes. The banana cream pie recipe I found here (kind of an ironic blog title for the situation, eh?) I'll let you know how it goes. Hopefully it will be good, but baking is still not my strong suit.

I do better when I can just estimate ingredients. I am a bit lazy on measuring.

I am also working on sanding this lovely 100-or so year old cedar chest we were given. I want most of the paint off. But not all.



I also was feeling frisky and made made these last night, the original idea I got from pinterest.



Happy good Friday to you all!

Tomorrow I will share something that I have been excited about, and working on for like a month :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Got a comment? I'd love to hear it!