Monday, April 23, 2012

Dear Saturday,

This Saturday finds me striped with sunburn and very happy.

Yesterday was our first full day on vacation.

So far we have been out to eat once, worked out twice (first time I managed to make myself workout on vacation. Yep.... pretty impressed with myself right now) and been to the store three or more times!

I love the full kitchen. We have bought enough food to feed us well this entire vacation for the amount we would spend going out to eat once. We will supplement it with some fresh seafood for HH. That is about all the money we have to spend!

This is about as thrifty of a vacation as we can manage (not that taking a vacation is thrifty to begin with, but sometimes a girls has to have some good old fashioned singing on the beach kind of fun:)

We had a sunset dinner on the balcony last night too.


We went to sextons fish market and bought a hunk of tuna and some shrimp for HH.  For 20 bucks he was able to eat a ridiculous amount of incredibly fresh fish.  

See?

-------------

I have been a little lazy about getting this post up, it is now a few days later... Hehe...

I wanted some more pictures before I posted, however it took me two days and two close dolphin sightings(Sooooooo cool) before I finally remembered to bring my camera out.

The first day we saw the dolphins they were about 30 feet off the shore line. As soon as I realized they were dolphins I ran and jumped in the water and tried to swim with them. I didn't make it in soon enough, or they just didn't want to swim with me. Either way when I started looking around I realized everyone else chose to get out of the water when they saw the dolphins, and that I was the only one to get in. Those people are crazy.... ; ) I can not imagine missing an opportunity to swim with wild dolphins.

Hehe...

I will have my camera on me today and tomorrow which will be our last days. Hopefully there will be a repeat performance!

We have done very well on our budget vacation. We hit happy hour when we wanted to go out, and have cooked in the rest of the time.

We went to a movie, but hit the matinee and smuggled in candy in my purse (shssh.... don't tell)

We did walk down the beach yesterday to buy onion rings at a beach restaurant, the back porch. The only place I know of that welcomes swimsuits and bare feet. Its tradition for us.


I hope you all are having as good of a week as I am!

I'll see you again when I am back in Alabama.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Got a comment? I'd love to hear it!