Monday, July 16, 2012

Easy, slicable bread



My new favorite bread recipe.

I have been searching for an easy, quick healthy homemade bread recipe that is actually slicable.

I found one.

Nope, this one is not chalk-full of stuff that is supposed to make it slicable and soft.

It just is.

How many ingredients? 4. Bet you can guess them.

3 cups of flour (any type you have on hand!)
1/4 tsp yeast
1 tsp salt
and just enough water to make it wet. I don't measure this, I just splash some in there, and stir, and splash more until it is right.

Let is sit in a bowl covered with a clean tea towel over night, or all day while you are at work. When you come back it will not have risen a lot. Now spread a little flour onto a clean surface and knead the dough into a soft ball (this should take just a min)

Heat the oven to 385 F.  Heat your a oven safe container with a heavy lid, such as a dutch oven,  (I used my stone wear baker) in the oven while it is preheating (I actually skipped this step and it worked just fine). When your oven is heated stick the dough in your cooking vessel of choice , slice an x in the top and put the lid on. Bake for 25-30 mins, then remove the lid and bake another 10ish mins.

This actually has been the easiest, quickest, and most slicable bread recipe I have tried! Its my new go-to bread recipe.

Sure, it has several hours of proofing, but a total of less then 5 minutes prep time! Including clean up!


Try serving it with your home-made farmers cheese (and onions, I love onions).



You can use this dough for other things as well.








Happy Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Got a comment? I'd love to hear it!